4/19/10

Yet another happy camper with a new twist!

I "sold" a boat to John Cantu and his family 3 years ago. When I was trying to sell it, He told me that he had bad credit and couldn't finance for a year. He gave me a year’s payment up front and paid the insurance on it. He had a lawyer draft up a legal contract stating he would buy it from me in a year for my asking price, and if not, pay me a penalty...(a years worth of payments, yet still purchase the boat). When the year was up, he continued to make payments, guaranteeing me that he would still buy.. $500 cash every month (probably stolen money, sorry). This went on for almost 2 years. He didn't always pay on time since the "real estate market was tough", but he made good for the most part. Now he's disappeared, 6 months behind on payments, turns out the boat has been sitting on the dealership's lot for over a year. He had an accident with it and approved almost $5000 in work. I spoke with his Ex-friend who said this is true and he wasn't at fault. So undoubtedly he committed insurance fraud! He had the boat repaired, but left it there, never to pick it up! Yet probably filed a claim against the other party and got paid! Now I have to spend almost $5000 to get it off the lot, plus I'm still making the monthly payments on it and its depreciated far, far beyond what I can sell it for! I'm screwed, and plan on going to the police on my next day off. He kept telling me it was at the dealership having warranty work done on it. I spoke with his wife a week before they were evicted and he "was in the hospital", and she lied straight to my face. She spoke nothing about an accident, and they were going to pick it up and store it at her brother-in-laws place in Corona/Riverside because you couldn't put boats/trailers in your driveway in Villa Park (just like his story). Marissa is totally involved in all these schemes... why would she lie about an accident that wasn't even their fault if she wasn't in on all the scams? I hope my contract that we both signed helps put them in jail and possibly get our money back (wishful thinking). I can't believe I fell for their Crap. Please share their where-abouts if anybody knows. Thanks for listening.

Thank you,
Jeremy

2 comments:

  1. Jeremy - give us a shout - jhandtr@aol.com. Things moving along swimingly. Both Husband & Wife Cantu going down for stealing from all of us good and honest people. Bout time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish Cantu was one of these criminals:

    http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-mortgage-fraud-20100618,0,1262422.story

    ReplyDelete